— PLANTATION JAMAICA 2005 —
RUSTIC AND INTENSE
This 2005 vintage rum highlights the ancestral Jamaican style: a long fermentation and a 100% pot still distillation blended from the two mythic Long Pond and Clarendon distilleries.
After 12 years ageing in Jamaica and 1 to 2 years in France, banana, prune, roasting coffee and raisin notes endow it with depth, while spices elevate the rum to a rare and distinguished spirit.
- Alc./Vol. : 45,2%
- Origin : Jamaica
- Distillery : Long Pond and Clarendon
- Raw material : Molasses
- Fermentation : Light Pot: 5 days, Pot Still: 1 week, High Ester: 2 weeks
- Distillation : 2005, Pot Still John Dore from Long Pond / Pot Still Vendôme from Clarendon
- Tropical ageing : 12 years in Bourbon cask, Jamaica
- Continental ageing, elevage : 1 to 2 years in Ferrand cask, Château de Bonbonnet, France
- Volatile Substances : 400 g/hL AA
- Dosage : 0 g/L
Color : Gold patina with amber glints
Nose : Intense and complex, greets with fresh fruit and earthy notes enhanced by a woody luster. Raison notes surface from the gentle distillation.
Palate : Significant and powerful, dry and minty, the essence evolves with contrasting notes of roasting coffee, grilled almonds and molasses.
The label references Port Royal in Jamaica, a strong symbol of the island and seat of the British government as well as the main fishing and trade port