— PLANTATION PERU 2004 —
FRUITY AND SPICY
Distilled in column stills at the Destilerías Unidas S.A. de Peru, in the Chicama Valley, an extremely arid region on the Peruvian north coast, this 2004 vintage is first aged 12 years in its terroir of origin and then matured two years in France.
It reveals essences of ripe figs, both the fruit and the leaf, and mango, then develops notes of rich pastry, almond and white pepper.
- Alc./Vol. : 43,5%
- Origin : Peru
- Distillery : Destilerías Unidas S.A. de Peru
- Raw material : Molasses
- Fermentation : 72 hours
- Distillation : 2004, in column still
- Tropical ageing : 12 years in Bourbon cask and Slovenian cask, Peru
- Continental ageing, elevage : 2 years in Ferrand cask, Château de Bonbonnet, France
- Volatile substances : 190 g/hL AA
- Dosage : 8 g/L
Color : Old gold
Nose : It starts on caramel, ripe figs both the fruit and the leaf, licorice and molasses. It becomes fruitier with banana, almond and notes that are woody, buttery, minty and smoky.
Palate : Rich and quite woody, it lingers in the nose with notes of cooked apple, lemon, mango and walnut, at the same time it is spicier with hints of white pepper, vanilla and nutmeg.
True figure of the Peruvian region, the label highlights the lama, animal symbol of the Incas.