— PLANTATION fiji 2009 —
STRAIGHT AND INTENSE
Coming from the South Pacific Distillery in the Fiji Islands, this unique expression, an alliance of both pot and column stills, was distilled in 2009.
Very intense, this vintage rum, aged for 7 years in Fiji and 2 years in Ferrand casks in France, is rich and round, with notes of buttery vanilla, caramel, cocoa and ginger ale as well as quince, hazelnuts and coconut.
- Alc./Vol. : 44,8%
- Origin : Fiji Islands
- Distillery : South Pacific Distillery
- Raw material : Molasses
- Fermentation : 4 to 5 days
- Distillation : 2009, in pot still and column
- Tropical ageing : 7 years in Bourbon cask, Panama
- Continental ageing, elevage : 2 years in Ferrand cask, Château de Bonbonnet, France
- Volatile substances : 300 g/hL AA
- Dosage : 0 g/L
Color : Old gold
Nose : Very intense, it opens on notes of prickly pear and varnishes a profile that is woody and oily. It then becomes
fruitier and spicier on banana, pecan, nutmeg and oak.
Palate : It is rich and round, it follows the nose with notes of buttery vanilla caramel, cocoa, ginger ale and fruity notes of quince, hazelnuts and coconut.
The medallion on the label symbolizes the tropical flower, a figure of the green flora of Fiji.